Pages

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Cat in a Tree Notelets

Hi! A friend of mine asked me to make a set of 6 notelets for her to give as a gift to her friend, She loves cats and trees, so I used an image of a cat in a tree! I created the background with ink dusters to create a night sky. I'm thinking of adding some Stickles to the leaves and wildflowers to add a bit of shimmer, but I'm not sure. Probably ought to ask if she likes sparkly things first!





I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Just Us Girls: - the photo inspired the rich jewel-like colours and texture of the sky
AAA Cards:
Always Fun: 'Halloween' - I'm not sure if this is spooky enough for Halloween, but a black cat in front of the moon makes me think of Halloween!


Ingredients:
Cat in Tree image from Vectorstock
Wildflowers from Lavinia Stamps
Adirondack ink pads: Sail Boat Blue, Butterscotch, Cranberry
Stampin' Up! ink pad: Perfect Plum
Artistry ink pads: Indian Jamun, Pampas


8 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

ofcourse I love your kitty ;-) also your inkblending is fab. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, I kind of love this!!! You have achieved a beautiful glow around the moon, that's just genius. I love your colors and background technique, and then the silhouetted images just make these cards pop. Well done, well done!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls.
Judy~ JUGS DT and Challenge Host

Jane said...

Oh she’ll be thrilled with these, they’re gorgeous. Love how you’ve built your scene using ink blending. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Maria said...

Wow this is amazing! Love all the colors. thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

Your friend must have been overjoyed with these cards. That background is amazing and perfect for the silhouette. I'm so glad you shared this with us at Just Us Girls.

Melissa L. said...

Beautiful ink-blended scene. Intriguing and unique design. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous scenery! You got great dimension with your ink blending. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

Sweety Gupta said...

This is so pretty! Looks almost painted :)